Sharing my love of Stampin' Up products through workshops, classes and sales


Tel: 0781 4451627 Email: alliejolliffe@hotmail.com




Sunday 8 January 2012

You can never have too much cake!

Firstly, apologies for the lack of post yesterday, it seems I haven't yet got the hang of scheduled posts!  So, today we'll have a "twofer" :)

I hope you aren't too fed up of my adventures with Spice Cake!  I promised you a 3-d project and here it is...(apologies again for the photos...are we ever going to see sunlight again?)....a lovely bit of Spice Cake gift packaging...


I love these cute little stacks of pillow boxes, which are great for packaging little gifts like earrings, sweet treats or gift cards.  Here I'e used Soft suede, more mustard and pool party cardstock and three co-ordinating Spice Cake designs, all held together with my favourite pool party ruffled ribbon.


For added decoration, I've added a leaf from French Foliage, stamped in soft suede ink onto more mustard cardstock, and cut out.


And because I love a matching set, I thought I'd make a matching card...this one was inspired by a card I saw online.  I could have sworn I pinned it, but I can't find it anywhere, so I'll keep looking and come back and give credit when I find it again!



It's very simple, using another of the leaf images from French Foliage.


I think this could be a more unisex card, so I've used some linen thread instead of ribbon.  I've decorated the inside with a strip of designer paper and punched cardstock.

And here's the set together.


And now for part 2...I thought I'd create another gift and card matching set...so I came up with these.


This time I've used the medallion birthday stamp from Happiest Birthday Wishes.  And to go with it, a matching notepad holder containing a long skinny notepad I got from The Range, and decorated with a monogram cut from my Timeless Type sizzlet alphabet...


And finally, all together...


Phew! That was a long post!  Hope you like my gift sets!  I'll be holding a class based around some of my Spice Cake designs soon.  I'll be back tomorrow with a sneak peak at my swaps for Team Training next weekend.


Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Very Vanilla, Pool Party, More Mustard, Soft Suede
2. Papers – Spice Cake
3. Stamps – French Foliage, Happiest Birthday Wishes, Perfect Pairs
4. Embellishments – Linen thread, Pool Party ruffled ribbon
5. Tools – Dotted scallop ribbon border punch, scalloped circle punch, 1 inch circle punch,  circles #2 big shot die, pillow box die, timeless type alphabet dies, big shot
6. Mediums – Soft suede classic ink

No comments: