Today, I have a vintage style card, inspired by old fashioned Victorian valentines.
I've used two co-ordinating paper designs from the pack and covered the join with Victoria lace crochet trim. This is an idea taken from vintage decor, where a floral and stripe wallpaper were often separated with a picture or dado rail.
I've used a fabulous new Charming stamp set from the mini catalogue to stamp the frame around the sentiment and the script on the heart (you'll be seeing a lot more of this stamp set from me!) I also used the crochet trim around the punched heart. I've sponged with crumb cake ink to distress and age the card, and spritzed it with a marker and the spritzer tool.
I love the dimension of the gathered trim around the heart punch...very vintage looking. Again, a very different style for me. Hope you like it!
Back tomorrow with a Spice Cake 3d project!
Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Very vanilla, river rock
2. Papers – Spice Cake
3. Stamps – Charming, tiny tags, petite pairs
4. Embellishments – Victoria crochet lace trim
5. Tools – Full heart punch, decorative label punch, extra large oval punch, Eyelet border punch, spritzer
6. Mediums – Soft suede ink, crumb cake ink, soft suede marker